Wishaw Golf Club was founded in 1894 at a meeting in the cookery rooms of Wishaw Public school.
A short course was laid out at that time around the area of greenhead road, records from the Wishaw press confirm this with a report on an inter club match against Carluke Golf Club, held in 1894. Later in 1897 the club was established, and a course was laid out between Heathery road and Bridge Street this extended down through Craigneuk.
The club moved to the present course and clubhouse site in 1935, the clubhouse and car park was purchased from Lord Belhaven in 1936 and the main area of the course was purchased later from Lord Belhaven in 1953, the course was laid out in 1935 by James Braid a prominent golfer and course designer.
Further parcels of land in and around the course were purchased from Lord Belhaven and Motherwell district council through the years to the last purchase in 1990.
Major changes were made to the course after the war with the lower field being sold for farming, eventually this became part of the iron ore terminal in Ravenscraig Steel Works.
The clubhouse was originally a coach house servicing horse coach travellers from Glasgow to Edinburgh, as Golf became more popular in the 1960’s many additions were added to the clubhouse with a major development in 1979, the latest development resulted in a refurbishment and upgrade of all parts of the clubhouse which was completed in 2004.